You can set preferences for your GlobalSearch interface from the User Settings for features such as the interface language, forwarding email notifications, or modifying OCR settings for Key Free Indexing.
- To access your user settings, click the User Settings ( ) button on the GlobalSearch toolbar.
- Select the General, Search, Appearance, Data XChange, Scanner, Language, KeyFree, (if a Square 9 User) User, or (if enabled) Delegation tab.
- Choose settings.
- Click Save, or click Cancel.
- After saving your settings, click your browser Refresh button to see your changes.
General User Settings
- Enable Automatically view document when indexing to display both the document being captured and Index Fields for the destination Archive. The setting is on by default, unless the document is of a file type not supported for viewing, such as an audio file. When off, only the Index Fields will display in the indexing interface.
- If a Default Search is assigned to an Archive and you want it to run automatically when an Archive is clicked, enable Automatically run default search when clicking archive. The setting is on by default. When off, you must manually select and run a Search to see documents in the Archive. Where performance is a concern, users may wish to disable the loading of archive data when an Archive is selected.
Switch Between Search Results Views
Switching between the default Search Results Document List Grid View or Thumbnail View is easy to do from the Search tab. You can also configure setting for the Views.
- Select either Grid View or Thumbnail View from the Search Mode list on the Search tab.
- If Grid View is selected:
- Enable Disable double-click to open document to limit opening a document directly in the List (you can still select and open documents using the Actions menu). This unchecked by default.
- Enable Always open documents in new tab to open documents in a new browser tab. This is enabled by default.
- Set the number of History entries per page to display in the Archive History Records Per Page text box.
- If Thumbnail View is selected, enter the maximum number of Fields you wish to show in the list in Thumbnail View. This is set to 6, by default. You can set the number from 6 to 24 maximum Fields.
Configure How Navigation Appears
By default, the GlobalSearch Document Viewer toolbar displays both icons and icon labels for the various items. For cleaner document viewing on the smaller screens of mobile devices, enable the Display only icons in document viewer toolbars checkbox on the Appearance tab, which hides the icon labels. To view helpful tooltips, place the mouse pointer over the icon.
Configure Data XChange User Settings
You can set your Data XChange user preferences from the Data XChange tab. Note that you must have the proper permissions for these settings to work.
- Search System Fields – Enable to use System Field values as lookup data for finding matching records in the Data XChange source. (By default, System Field values are not used to search for a match.)
- Overwrite System Fields – Enable to have data pulled from the Data XChange source overwrite indexing data currently in any matching System Fields (except for Read Only Fields).
- Append to Multi-Values – A Multi-Value Field allows you to populate a list of values into a Field. Enable to append data pulled from the Data XChange source to any data already in matching Multi-Value Fields. Without this enabled, the data is replaced.
Configure Scanner User Settings
Click the Scanner tab, and then click the Go to GlobalSearch Extensions button to open the Extensions interface. Refer to the Scan to Archive page for details.
The web client has built-in On Demand Localization to view GlobalSearch with different languages. Use Change Language to change from the default language (English) to Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, or Spanish. Localization can also be extended to other languages with a fully documented translation kit. Note that this will change the language of buttons and toolbar icons, but not the language in which any databases, Archives, Index Field, or documents you or your system administrator have created. They remain in the language in which they were created.
Change Square 9 User Password
If you are logged in as a Square 9 User, you will see another tab, called “User.” From here you can enter and confirm a new Square 9 User password. Your password must be six to 18 characters in length. There is no forced complexity, but it is always recommended.
Delegate GlobalAction Notification Emails
If you are using the /wiki/spaces/GSW45/pages/1027801082 document workflow feature, and Workflow notifications are being sent to you via email, you will see the Delegation tab.
- Delegate My Emails – If you will be away from your office, enable Delegate My Emails to send your Workflow notifications to another assigned person.
- If you are a GlobalAction Delegation Manager, assign email delegation recipients for the users whose delegation you manage, and enable Active Delegation. You can also click Delegate My Emails when away from the office.
Configure KeyFree Settings
KeyFree Indexing allows you to enter indexing data without having to type it in. It is done using OCR (optical character recognition) technology. To get the best OCR results, you can finesse the settings for each document or document type to your user preferences. The better the OCR results, the less manual data correction you might need. For details on optimizing KeyFree OCR settings, please refer to the KeyFree OCR Settings page.